All Day Closing: When inclement weather is severe enough to cause the closing of schools for the entire day, announcements of the closing will be made on cooperating radio/TV stations between 6:00 am and 8:00 am. Our district code is 594. Listen to the radio/TV announcements – do not call the schools.
Early Closing: When it becomes necessary once school is in session, to close before regular dismissal times, announcements will be made through radio / TV stations.
Delayed Opening: When necessary to delay school opening, announcements will be made on the radio/TV stations between 6:00 am and 8:00 am – our district code is 594. On delayed opening days, there will be no morning SACC program.
Parents are requested to:
- Make provisions for emergency dismissals/delayed openings.
- Instruct children about any arrangements.
- These arrangements should be made at the beginning of the year, to be prepared for any emergency situations.
- During questionable weather conditions, listen to radio/TV announcements.
- School emergency telephone numbers for students should be current; the emergency contact person must be reliable and from the local area.
- Authorized contacts will be sent Realtime Notifications via phone, text and/or email. Notifications can include but are not limited to various grade level reminders, building messages, and emergency school closures.